In May 2012 Sophia Capo was born. She was a special and amazing little girl, with a broken heart. Due to delayed detection, Sophie passed away 15 days later. We now share her story with others in the hopes of saving lives and increasing early detection. We work with families affected by CHD's and benefit those that support them. Help us bring attention to one of the most common birth defects that kills more kids every year than all childhood cancers combined. What if it was someone you loved?
In Your Shoes - The Sophia Capo Memorial Foundation's mission is to raise awareness for Congenital Heart Defects, to educate parents about early detection and intervention and to support families affected by these defects.
What We've Achieved
- Contributed Sophie's story to the passage of Ohio's Newborn Healthy Hearts bill, requiring mandatory Pulse Ox testing at birth
- Provided funding for upgrades to the playroom at Cleveland Children's Hospital that is used by pediatric heart patients.
- Provided Christmas presents to families at The Ronald McDonald House, Cleveland.
- Donated financially to assist families with current medical burdens.
- Worked with The American Heart Association of Stark County and Aultman Hospital for the marketing and awareness campaign for the 2014 Heart Walk.